Become a Donkey Care Volunteer
The Donkey Care Volunteer will support the 'UWC Atlantic Donkey Care' task force with the care of the College donkeys throughout the year. During the summer months (June, July August) the donkey care volunteer/s will likely work alone during a shift, with the remainder of the year shifts possibly including staff and/or students.
To be arranged, though ideally a minimum of one afternoon per week
Regular, preferably weekly commitment of 2-4 hours
All year round
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your duties will include; feeding, mucking out, grooming, cleaning and clearing the paddock, shed and stable. Ideally you will be able to pick out the donkey’s hooves and be comfortable putting on their head collars and taking them for a walk.
We may also ask, once you are comfortable and confident, that you assist with the training, development and supervision of student volunteers.
- Interest and enthusiasm in the work of the College, plus an ability to engage with staff & students
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- To be physically fit as the role involves some manual work
- You will be required to undergo a DBS check prior to working with the students
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Work as part of a team delivering a valued service to the UWC Atlantic community
- Receive regular support
- Insurance cover
- DBS certificate
What we expect from you:
- To represent UWC Atlantic in a professional manner
- To perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability including being punctual and reliable
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of UWC Atlantic
- To provide two references as part of the application process
- We will provide you with all required training, though there may be a requirement to attend an off-site training course with the Donkey Sanctuary.
To apply to become a Donkey Care Volunteer, please complete the below application form and return to email@example.com.
UWC Atlantic Safeguarding and Respectful Community Policy
For any queries please call 01446 799 077.