Become a Gardening Volunteer
The Gardening Volunteer will support the valley task force with the maintenance of the valley area throughout the year. During the summer months (June, July August) we will rely solely on the gardening volunteer/s, with the remainder of the year also involving staff and students.
To be arranged, though ideally a minimum of one afternoon per week
Regular, preferably weekly commitment of 3-4 hours
All year round
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your duties will include: manually planting, cultivating and harvesting fruit and vegetables under the instruction of the valley task force. Duties will also include: weeding, cutting back, watering, tilling soil and transplanting.
We may also ask, once you are comfortable and confident, that you assist with the training, development and supervision of student volunteers.
- Interest and enthusiasm in the work of the College, plus an ability to engage with staff and students
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- To be physically fit as the role involves some manual work
- You will be required to undergo a DBS check prior to working with the students
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Work as part of a team delivering a valued service to the UWC Atlantic community
- Receive regular support
- Insurance cover
- DBS certificate
What we expect from you:
- To represent UWC Atlantic in a professional manner
- To perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability including being punctual and reliable
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of UWC Atlantic
- To provide two references as part of the application process
- We will provide on the job training and induction
To apply to become a Gardening Volunteer, please complete the below application form and return to email@example.com.
UWC Atlantic Safeguarding and Respectful Community Policy
For any queries please call 01446 799 077.