The deadline to apply is the 31st May 2019. However, we will be offering places on a rolling bases, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
"I found the atmosphere created during the programme was unforgettable and that made everyone open their minds and hearts to explore so many new ideas."
The application process is as follows:
- Submit an application form (including answers to the below questions, and a reference letter).
- Receive an email from the team about our decision. In some cases, we may request an interview.
- If accepted, you will receive an Acceptance Package and will need to officially register by June 15th 2019.
At the GLE, we strive for diversity, and encourage everyone to apply. There are no academic requirements to apply, but are more focused on drawing out the leadership potential and impact you are seeking to have. However, given the nature and focus of the programme there are a couple of criteria:
- You must be aged 15-18 for the duration of the course.
- You must be comfortable holding a conversation in English.
- You must be excited about attending the Global Leadership Experience!
As part of the application process, you will be asked to answer the following questions. In order to ensure you are able to complete the form smoothly, you are advised to write your answers prior to filling in the form.
- Share something about yourself, or something you have done, that you are proud of. (1000 characters)
- Why you are applying and what you hope to gain from this course. (1000 characters)
- Describe your experience of leadership and a way in which you are a leader. What challenges have you faced? (1000 characters)
- What are you able to contribute to the Global Leadership Experience (a specific perspective, skills, experiences)? (1000 characters)
- What impact do you hope to have on your local and global community. Describe a project you are currently working on or plan to develop (1000 characters)
- Tell us about 2 leaders who inspire you. Please choose both a historic figure and someone you know personally. Discuss how these people demonstrate leadership, the top traits needed by leaders and what you feel you have learned from them (max 2500 characters)
If you have difficulty accessing the form, please contact email@example.com