Immigration and Visas

All students who do not hold an EEA passport are required to obtain a Tier 4 Child or Tier 4 General Visa to study in the UK. Further information about Tier 4 can be found on the GOV.UK website

The College admissions team will issue incoming students from non-EEA countries with a unique Confirmation of Acceptance to Study (CAS) number, which will be required for all visa applications.  Visa applications cannot be submitted until exactly 3 months prior to arriving at the college. Dates will be confirmed by the Admissions team.   

You will be required to pay an application fee, health surcharge and in some cases TB Testing and other vaccinations may be required to satisfy UKVI criteria. Students who are soon to be or are already aged 18 and from a non-majority English speaking country will also be required to complete an IELTS for UKVI English competency test.

Students who hold a Tier 4 Study Visa must be aware of their responsibility to abide by the conditions of their Tier 4 visa, including their obligation to study at their sponsor institution, their working restrictions and that they will leave the UK when their visa expires unless they have obtained further valid leave.

The College Admissions team will provide support to all incoming students in making sure they meet the criteria for their Tier 4 Visa application. However, they cannot in any way influence a decision made and the final decision in granting a visa will be with the UK Visa & Immigration Department.



"Public and private education sectors must work together in order to prepare young people to address global risks."…

2 days ago

INFLUENCE. ENGAGE. INSPIRE. We are #recruiting a Communications and Marketing Manager to join the #UWCATeam. If yo…

2 days ago