Become a Wellbeing Centre Volunteer
The Wellbeing Centre at UWC Atlantic is where students go when they are feeling unwell or for advice. The Wellbeing Centre Volunteer/s are required to drive students to hospital appointments, drop off and collect prescriptions and be a supportive presence for students who are poorly.
Term time only, with hours being between 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday. Ideally candidates would volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours at a time.
Regular, preferably a weekly commitment of 4+ hours
Term time only
Health Centre Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your duties will include: driving students to doctor’s or hospital appointments, drop off and collection of prescriptions and being a supportive presence for students who are poorly.
- Interest and enthusiasm in the work of the College, plus an ability to engage with colleagues and students
- The ability to relate to and communicate with students
- Compassionate and the ability to be calm and authoritative
- Be able to take information from health professionals and relay it back to staff in the Wellbeing Centre
- Driver’s license
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to working with the students
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Work as part of a team delivering a valued service to the UWC Atlantic community
- Receive regular support
- Insurance cover
- DBS certificate
What we expect from you:
- To represent UWC Atlantic in a professional manner
- To perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability including being punctual and reliable
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of UWC Atlantic
- To provide two references as part of the application process
- We will provide all required training
To apply to become a Wellbeing Centre Volunteer, please complete the below application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UWC Atlantic Safeguarding and Respectful Community Policy
For any queries please call 01446 799 077.